Churches of Hudson
United Methodist Church -- Founding date -- 1831. Church meetings were held in homes (one being that of Jesse Haven's) and the schoolhouse from 1829 to 1845. First known as the Methodist Evangelical Church, it was changed to United Methodist Church in 1969.
Hudson Baptist Church -- Organized in 1856, meeting at first in the schoolhouse. Land for a church building was donated by J. H. Cox in 1858, the building was dedicated in 1860.
TheHudson Christian Church -- originally began at the Oneida School north of Hudson. It was called the Oneida Congregation at the time. Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Junk, and Mr. and Mrs. George Craig, Sr. were enrolled as charter members in 1877. Having outgrown the schoolhouse, lots were acquired in the village of Hudson from Mrs. Cora Gastman. Ground was broken the following year for the building that was dedicated in 1910.
Church of the Brethren--no longer stands in Hudson. Organized with 21 members in 1865 by James R. Gish and George Gish. Parishioners were baptized by dunking, thereby members were referred to as Dunkards. In 1875 a meeting house was built north of Hudson; relocated to Hudson in 1908, serving the community for 12 more years. T. D. Lyon was the first minister. John Lohr bought the building for a residence, moving it north of Hudson. It remains as a residence today.