||Grove School was the second school built in 1857, just west of the southwest corner of Route 51 (now Interstate 39 and Hudson Road). It was used until 1911.
On June 25, 1856, Johann and Catherine Snavely, for $20.00, deeded to Benjamin Wheeler, Hiram Havens and John Y. Snavely, school directors, one fourth acre, upon which the Grove School building was built in 1857.
A portion of Jesse Haven's log cabin served as the first school. The 1844 building was located west of West Cemetery.
The second photo of Grove School building as it looked when Frank Prahm purchased it in 1931. The building was moved south of its original site and used as a lunchroom and a gas station. A new Standard service station was erected in its place in the late 1950s. Jeffrey Emmert and Robert Brokaw operated the business as a Shell station in 1983. The gas station was demolished to make way for Interstate 39 that opened in 1993.
See: The Hudson Colony by Ruth Bitting Hamm; Images of America Hudson by Judith A. Lampert and Sue Keeran; Schools of Hudson Township binder located in the Hudson History Room.
|Year Range from
||8: Communication Artifact
|Year range to
||Grove School in1931