||This building at 113 N. Front Street is believed to be the oldest business building remaining in the Hudson business area surviving the fire of 1914 which destroyed several businesses on Front Street. It is noted on the 1895 plat. Billy May built it as a pool hall c. 1893. The building is included in the plat of 1895. Several businesses have occupied the space throughout the years: Jack Frost's pool hall; Bert McNeilly and Hurshel Johnson's grocery store early 1930s -- McNeilly sold out, Johnson continued to 1958; a restaurant when Carl Burress owned the building; Burress's boat shop--he sold to Frank Lipscomb in 1971; a woodworking business; John and Rita Green's wood burning stoves -- they leased to a beautician; in 1982 Steve and Judith Lampert bought the building, operating The Golden Goose (antiques) until 2008. They remain as the current owners, renting an apartment in the upper level which has housed tenants since the early 1940s.
|Year Range from
||8: Communication Artifact
||Oldest Business Building Remaining in Hudson